Through membership and the pro-active role played in the Council of Danube Cities and Regions (CoDCR – Ulm), Danubius Academic Consortium (DAC – Baden Wurttemberg) and the Urban Platform Danube Region (UPDR – Vienna), the “Local Communities along the Danube River” Association (CLDR) has a national and European coverage and represents the unique, coherent and stable voice for representing the interests of the Romanian communities within the implementation process of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region (EUSDR) in Romania.
Within this framework, CLDR Romania assumes the following key-functions:
- Networking and animation of the initiatives and consortia for projects at national, cross-border and trans-regional levels
- Information, awareness and communication in favor of innovating the Danube communities and their socio-economic recovery
- Exercise the appropriate Institutional Lobbying serving Romanian stakeholders in relation with EUSDR decision-makers from Brussels, Vienna and Baden Wurttemberg
Already since its establishment, in November 2014, CLDR Association enjoys the personal support of General Coordinator of the Council of Danube Cities and Regions (CoDCR), Mr. Peter LANGER, President of the European Danube Academy (Ulm).
Following the deployment of the CLDR General Assembly on the 2nd of February 2019 a new Executive Board of the CLDR Association was elected for the period 2019-2020, as follows:
President – the Vice-rector of the Constanta Maritime University – Mr. Gabriel RAICU
Executive President – the President of EUROLINK-House of Europe Foundation, Mr. Sever AVRAM
Vice-president – the mayor of Fetești Municipality, Mr. Sorin GAFIȚOI
Vice-president – the Secretary General of România de Mâine Foundation, Mr. Gheorghe DUDA
Secretary General – the Mayor of Năvodari Municipality, Mr. Florin CHELARU
on behalf of Harsova Town, Mr. Viorel IONESCU
on behalf of the Western University Timisoara – Vice-rector Dana PETCU
on the behalf of the Romanian Ecological Action Foundation – Prof. Teclu CODRESI
on behalf of the National Institute of Research and Development in Mechatronics and Measurement Technique – INCDMTM – Prof. Dr. Gheorghe GHEORGHE
Following the initiative of the EUSDR International Honorary Chair “Jean Bart” (CIO- SUERD), CLDR Association supports the development of the National Joint Training Programme (postgraduate online programme, in partnership with the Romanian Academy), of the National Network of Danube Commissioners and of the Danubian Young Leaders Academy, in order to increase the internal expertise and prepare all consultants, experts, specialists and managers motivated to expand towards the Danube the projects for economic, scientific, social innovation, tourism or cultural development.
All graduates motivated to maintain their involvement in the implementation of EUSDR in Romania, upon request, can be recommended and supported to participate in the various departments or projects impacting the Danube.
Until now, CLDR coordinates the following departments:
- Department of Training and Counseling
- Department of Communication and Institutional Lobby
- Department of Women and Gender Equality
- Department of Youth and Students
- Department of Programs and European Projects
Also, in the mirror with the Working Groups founded in Vienna (ARGE Donau), CLDR manages 4 working groups as follows:
- Economy, tourism and transport, coordinated by Mr. Jamil BENABDALLAH, European Consultant in tourism development
- Culture, Science and Education, coordinated by Mr. Sever Avram, Consultant in European institutions
- Sustainability, Energy and Environment, coordinated by Ms. Madalin COZMA, Consultant in environmental policy and alternative energy
- Civil society, social policy, women and youth, coordinated by Mrs. Iolanda MIHALACHE, Consultant in Social Policy and Community Development